John Charles Centre for Sport, Leeds (City of Leeds SC)
Need help finding your way to the John Charles Centre for Sport? Want to know the best places to park or how far the pool is from the station? You can help provide those answers for everyone else, send the webmaster your hints and tips.
John Charles Centre for Sport, Leeds
The replacement for one of the most popular long course pools in the country (the old International Pool), John Charles is set to become a regular haunt for Dartes swimmers.
The home of traditionally Yorkshire's biggest club, City of Leeds SC, this facility is likely to host many Yorkshire and North East Championships along side numerous open meets, training camps and other swimming related activities.
The John Charles Centre boasts the following facilities:
- 50m x 25m (10 lanes) Competition pool with moving booms catering for short course and long course competition
- Full Electronic timing and Score Board
- Extensive spectator gallery with room for 800
- Licensed Bar on-site
- Large car park, adequate for any event
- Diving pit to use as swim down facility
The only weakness is a distinct lack of room on deck for large events which can make for cramped conditions for swimmers between races.
Travelling (Car Park and Directions)
Travelling to the centre by car is easy. Leave M621 at Junction 5, turn left towards the A653. Turn left onto the A653 and continue until signs for the Sports Centre appear. Pass through the Industrial Estate to the top of the hill where you'll find the huge John Charles car park.
- The John Charles staff are very strict about poolside footware. Always take obviously indoor footware for the poolside: flip flops rather than trainers.
Any other information you think should be here? Drop the webmaster an email with your suggestions.