Club Info: AGM and Club Officers
Each year the club holds its Annual General Meeting to appoint the club's officers and leadership team for the year ahead (the committee). This is usually around November/December time so that the new committee are in position for the start of the new year. That election process and the roles to be appointed are described below.
AGM and Club Officer Roles
Important detail regarding the Dartes AGM for 2019:
- Wednesday, 6th November 2019
- Adwick Leisure Centre, 7pm
- Deadline for nominations: Tuesday, 15th October 2019
- Deadline for membership applications: Tuesday, 15th October 2019
- Deadline for member questions: Tuesday, 15th October 2019
All those with an interest in the club are welcome to attend the AGM and are encouraged to do so.
Only club members over the age of 16 are eligible to vote at the AGM. Please note the deadline for membership applications above. Speak to the Membership Secretary if you wish to apply for membership or wish to stand for a committee position but are not currently a member.
Questions to the out-going committee can be raised prior to the AGM and answered on the night. Note the deadline above.
The club's revised constitution and summary of changes can be found below. These changes will be voted on during the AGM. Members should familiarise themselves with the documents beforehand.
Nominations and Questions
Any received nominations for the posts listed below will be made available prior to the AGM. A nomination form can be downloaded below:
- Chairman (Executive Position)
- Secretary (Executive Position)
- Treasurer (Executive Position)
- General Committee
The questions received from the membership can be downloaded below:
AGM Agenda Items
The AGM generally addresses these agenda items (there may be others added too).
- Election of club's Executive Officers (Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer)
- Election of 6 members of the General Committee.
- Address questions from members (raised prior to meeting).
- Approval of revised constitution in line with Swim England recommendations.
You may download the agenda for 2019 below:
To understand more about what each role involves before volunteering, below are our standard job descriptions.